Mini Corn Dogs
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup rice flour blend
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
2 Tbsp oil
1 cup milk substitute
1 package hotdogs
cooking oil
1. Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, xanthan, and salt in a bowl.
2. Add in egg, oil and milk substitute. Mix well by hand with a spoon.
3. Dry hot dogs with a paper towel and cut into 1 inch long pieces.
4. Coat hot dog pieces well with batter and deep fry in hot oil (375 F) till golden brown.
New Name/New Link
-
Please visit our blog at our new and improved location.
www.autismdifferentnotless.blogspot.com
1 comment:
If I were you I would be cautious about feeding certain things to sensitive kids. Of course avoid commercial hot dogs like the plague, besides MSG and benzoate they have added nitrates. There is a delicious SCD hot dog recipe on the web BTW.
I think deep frying produces irritating chemicals. If you must deep fry, use olive oil.
Also I think xanthan gum and all gums are indigestible and should not be used.
IMHO. Best wishes!
Post a Comment